The Radiographic Technologist performs diagnostic radiographic procedures in the department, surgery, and at the bedside according to established standards. Provides basic patient care, processes films, transports patients, assists with clerical functions as required. May be caring for neonates, infants, children, adolescents, adults and geriatrics.
* Maintains infection prevention standards.
* Collaborates with physicians and other health care professionals.
* Performs radiographic procedures and analysis according to departmental guidelines. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
* Performs prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies.
* Produces quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation.
* Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
* Participates in creating and sustaining a learning environment supported by evidenced based practice and research.
* Focuses on personal development areas, engaging in professional/collegial interactions with peers and students.
* Works with peers and other health care providers. Participates in ongoing in-service and educational seminars.
* Participates in the mentoring and education of colleagues and students.
* Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed as well as risk factors and prevention.
* Adheres to regulatory and organizational standards affecting patient care and safety as well as all hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Practices in a safe and cost effective manner.
* Stays current and complies with state and federal regulations/statutes and company policies that impact the employees area of responsibility.
* If required for position, ensures all certifications and/or licenses are up-to-date and valid prior to expiration dates.
* Completes all company mandatory modules and required job specific training in the specified time frame.
* Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance.
* Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors while adhering to safety policies.
* Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
* Assures the efficient operation of work flow of the department by performing other duties as assigned. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
* Responsible for reporting any safety related incident in a timely fashion through the Midas/RDE tool; attends all safety related training programs; performs work in a safe manner; monitors work environment for possible safety issues and ensures others are also performing work in a safe manner.
ARDMS for Ultrasound- Required within 6 months of hire
CNMT for Nuclear Medicine- Required
BLS (American Heart Assoc.)- Required
Three years experience for CNMT- Preferred
Healthcare is a rapidly changing environment and technology is integrated into almost all aspects of patient care. Computers and other electronic devices are utilized across the organization and throughout each department. Colleagues must have an understanding of computers, and competence in using computers and basic software programs.